Wednesday 16 June 2010

Self-inflicted injury

In case you were wondering where I'd got to (assuming anyone still reads this of course) I managed to rather badly twist my ankle while out dancing on Saturday night.  This was compounded by the fact that under the influence of a bucketload of alcohol I continued dancing on it for the rest of the evening.

When I woke up on Sunday my right foot was twice it's natural size and I wasn't able to walk.  It's almost cleared up now but I won't be running anywhere on it just yet.

As dancing is technically exercise I suppose I could say the injury is 'sports-related' but I think it's more accurate to describe it as 'booze-related'.  So, no bravery XP or GP for injury in the line of duty, but no XP penalty for not running this week.  Hopefully it'll have cleared up by Monday and I'll be able to get back to my not-exactly-regular running schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment